To Follow Click The Blue Button

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9/11 remembered

Today is the anniversary of 9/11.  I thought most students will not remember that day that so some videos from the History Channel would be appropriate.  I remember the day like yesterday, as my wife was still teaching at KCI and I was teaching Calculus next door to the library.  I remember when I found out a plane had also hit the Pentagon that I went and found my wife as my brother-in-law worked for NATO in Washington and I was not sure if he would have any dealings with the Pentagon.  My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones that day.  Also on a personal note I competed in my first irondistance triathlon a few years ago on the anniversary of 9/11.  The beach was covered with tiny American flags.  There was a pathway for us to walk through.  It kind of put in perspective that my 11-12 hours of pain was nothing compared to the pain that the victims families would endure. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment