To Follow Click The Blue Button

Monday, September 14, 2020

Video Editing with Kapwing

Kapwing - Senior Product Designer
Welcome back to school.  This will be my first post of the 2020-21 school year.  My teaching librarian position is going to be a little different this year with our library being repurposed, Our students at Kennedy will not be able to come into the library.  I figured that I could bring the library to them.   I wanted our students to message me through our digital learning platform, Edsby with book requests.  They will need to learn how to search our catalog virtually.  To do this I made a video and posted it on youtube and was going to post it on Edsby.  I noticed I forgot a couple of points in the video and needed to add a couple captions to the video.  I found an awesome free online editor called Kapwing.  No downloading software!  If you don't sign up they put a small watermark in the bottom right hand corner that says Kapwing.  No biggie.  If you sign in using facebook or google you will not have this watermark.  It is also free as long as your videos are less than 7 minutes long and you do not publish more that 3 hours of content a month.  You get all their editing tools too.

The editor looks like this.

To go to their website click here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment