To Follow Click The Blue Button

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Student Designed Infographics

I really love infographics.  I have posted several times about them.  My last post was on Valentines Day last week. To see it click here. If you teach a Data Management class I thought having the students design an infographic would be a great FSE or project.  I was reading Catlin Tucker's (an Honors English Teacher) blog and she uses infographics quite frequently.  From her blog, "During our Of Mice and Men unit, I linked to infographics on both mental health and mental illness in America. When we read To Kill a Mockingbird, I linked to infographics focused on racial inequality in the justice system, the death penalty, and the prison system in the United States. These visual displays of information were a powerful way to expose my students to facts and research and help them to conceptualize what infographics look like".

In fact she has a great assignment that she uses to have students create infographics.  To see her blog on this click here.  If you like her post and would like to possibly use this in your class make sure to read the comments and especially her replies at the bottom of the article.  This might be a great way for students to research project but not in the traditional manner yet still cover topics such as: preparing for research, accessing resources, processing information and finally transferring learning.
Aristotle-Dobbins-Infographic

No comments:

Post a Comment