To Follow Click The Blue Button

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

GeoGuessr

I saw this this last year and thought I posted about it.  Looks like I did not, so I am now.  Developed by Swedish IT professional Anton Wallen, GeoGuessr provides visuals from around the world using Google Maps’ street view. The game shows an unidentified scene and invites players to guess where it is by placing a marker on a world map. Students can make guesses based on terrain, road signs and other clues, and score points based on how close their guesses   are.  You can create a Challenge and test your friends or better yet, your students.  To see the site click here.   Speaking of GeoGuessr, the cartoon below is by xkcd.  I like xkcd and you can check out their site by clicking here.
Geoguessr


No comments:

Post a Comment