To Follow Click The Blue Button

Friday, February 7, 2014

My Bike

Completely stolen with gratitude from Kristen Swanson, even the "irregardless".

Just last week, my mountain bike arrived in San Francisco. A few years old, my bike has seen its share of wear and tear.

Bike Rack by *Sally M*, on Flickr
My Little Mountain Bike!
Irregardless, I was excited and hopeful. After having the bike for a few days, I realized that it was a "real machine" that would save me lots of time. I began riding my bike back and forth to work, shortening my trek by over 20 minutes each day. Wow! What convenience! What speed!

And then, something BIG happened. Instead of merely using my bike to do all of my old tasks faster and more efficiently, I started to expand my horizons.

I used my bike to visit new neighborhoods and towns. I saw things I hadn't seen before. Because the bike allowed me to widen the radius in which I could travel over a short period of time, I could meet different people, try different foods, and have different conversations.

In short, the bike allowed me to learn and connect with new people, places, and information. However, it's important to note that I didn't reap these transformative benefits until I realized that my bike had more offer than merely increasing the efficiency of my old tasks.

It's a big world out there. And my trusty bike is helping me try it out.

OK-- now, take my personal experience and SWAP the word "bike" for "iPad, Chromebook, etc" in the story above. SOUND FAMILIAR!!?!?!??!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment